Saturday 28 July 2012

I'm back~!

I came back from vacation Thursday evening, and I have to say; I go on vacation quite a lot (probably two-three times per year, every year) but this time I was the happiest to be back. It just felt so nice to have my own bed again to sleep in, and be back with all my video games and dolls... XD


Speaking of dolls, I bought another doll, just like I said I would! X3 I bought a number MYAG #56, and she's so gorgeous!!! I'm going to wait to tell about her until I have pictures, which will take place in my doll area. (I'm going to do a "meet the rest of the group" thing- like what I did with Willow- soon) 


My doll "room" is still demolished; but it's getting better!  I have two rooms totally regenerated (Willow's, which wasn't bad to start with, and Kanani's), and I'm going to add a lot more rooms- one of which my new doll will share with her older sister*. But I was going to build an actual bed and make awesome sheets for it, so it'll be a while. ;3 (I was going to add a kitchen, possibly a bathroom, and give my dolls better bedrooms with more shtuff organized and all that.)


I suppose it won't really spoil too much of her character if I just tell you her name and where she's from, so why not?


(I hope I've made it obvious that I like foreign countries already, so she's going along with my "theme") Her name is Eril, and she's Icelandic. X3 I really love Iceland and the other Nordic countries**, so... ;D I'm thinking of a good patronymic***(see footnote) to give her, because in Iceland, they don't use family names like we do here. (I had thought of one, but then I did some research on the country, and it turns out I had given her a male name... >.<;") I have some time to think, because they don't even really mention their patronymic all that often in Iceland... It's kind of like... how we don't generally use our middle names. ^^;"


Alright! I apologise for not having any pictures of my vacation, but seriously the most interesting thing we did was go up in the St. Louis Gateway Arch, I forgot my camera in the car when we went there... (._. )


~Miranda


*Eril's sister: I mentioned Eril having an older sister. Well, just as an FYI, her sister's name is Nora, and she's supposed to be a MYAG #39. I'll explain why they're named that way and why they don't really look alike at all later. ;) *trolling*


**Nordic countries: you can look them up online if you're not sure, but I'll tell ya! It consists of Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, and their territories. ^-^ Scandinavia is just Norway, Sweden, and Denmark, in case you're wondering. (btw, I'm currently trying to learn Norwegian. And I've been actually trying- unlike when I tried to learn French about a year ago. (I wanna move to Norway or Iceland one day. Like fo' reals, yo.) ;D)


***Patronymic: If you have heard of the Viking Erik the Red, you've probably heard of his son, Leif Eriksson. (Get it?) Leif is Erik's son, so that's his last name; Eriksson. That's currently the best example of a well-known patronymic I can give right now. But, a female patronymic would have the father's first name and the suffix "dóttir". And, in case you're wondering, a matronymic is where they use the mother's first name instead of the father's in the "last name".


P.S. Lol I added lots of footnotes... I researched the second and third ones over vacation (I did my research because I was bored... and then I wrote this post.) and now I really really really want to move to Iceland or Norway- ANYWAY the footnotes were all historically accurate, so if you don't like history, too bad!! >:D

1 comment:

Phoebe said...

That sounds really cool. Of course I already know where you're going (kind of...) with Eril and Nora but it's all very interesting... I'm glad you're back! ^_^