Friday 26 August 2011

Sad. :(

You know that feeling you get when you do something you love, and it brings joy to your hearts? Most likely that feeling when you play with(or "pose") your AG dolls? Well, I've been feeling like my dolls and I are becoming "disconnected". I just don't feel like they bring happiness to me anymore. And no, I haven't been feeling this way towards my dolls for a long time, it's just been this last week.
Now. What REALLY worries me about my dilemma, is that this is the same way I felt when I stopped playing with Littlest Pet Shop when I was ten(it was my favourite toy, okay?!) So, yeah, I'm really scared about what I might do with my dolls. I don't feel like getting any new ones, or getting them new clothes, or even just picking them up!
Have any of you felt this way before? And, if you did, COMMENT AND TELL ME HOW YOU DEALT WITH THIS!!!
~Miranda

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I've been feeling like this for a while, and I've just packed my up. Or, not pack, but scoot everything into a corner. I just get some good inspiration and make all sorts of things and play... Or you could totally change their personalitys and create their rooms and make stuff.. I really haven't figured out what I do.

Unknown said...

Sometimes I just need a break from my dolls. If I spend too much time with them, I have to stop playing with them to make time for schoolwork, reading, cleaning, etc. If I find myself completely obsessed with them, I just have to take a break.

Sometimes I do feel not terribly interested in my dolls, but sometimes it's because I've been playing with them a ton and I just need a break. That might be how you feel right now!

Hope this helped. :)

~Hannah

Claire said...

I felt this about a year ago, Miranda. I just felt so...so lost. There used to be a time where day and night I'd think about dolls, and once my mom had to ask me to STOP talking about them. Now...I still love them and I think about them a lot. I got through this when I remembered they are there for me when no one else is, to be happy when I am, and to be my comfort when I need it.

<3

Miranda said...

Thanks for all the supportive comments, I really appreciate it.

But... it just seems so... different when I think about them. IF I think about them, I should say. I try to just simply pick one up, but then I think, "this is so dumb. Why did I want a doll, anyway? I thought I gave up all my dolls when I was seven! Why'd I want more two years later?"

I feel really bad about that, so I just can hardly bare to look at them anymore. I'm thinking that maybe I spent TOO much time apart! At the beginning of the month, I had so many plans and ideas to do with my dolls, but I slowly began giving them up, and now, here I am! I don't even want Jesse, anymore.

~Miranda

Kathleen said...

For me I was never too interested in dolls but I still liked to dress them up and do a fashion show sort of thing. I always wish I could've been more like attached to them. But now there up in my closet I only had 2 but my 2 sisters each had 2 too.


I;m sorry you feel like that. That happened to me with webkinz but i slowly just put them away and its fine. So if you don't want to play with them i would just put them somewhere where you can't see them and just see how it goes for a few weeks. Hope this helps you out!!!



-Kathleen